Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Its Been A Long Time.....

Hey guys....I kno its been a while but i just needed a lil "time out" on the whole blogging thing. I love the idea of saying what I want when I want to....(not that I dont already). But the idea of afrodivas was to write about our lives and laugh whether it was good or bad, the truth is I wanted or needed to do a bit more living! Its all good now because the team is back!!

Ok... So i volunteered to write the first post back (kmt...Me & My eager self!), I didnt think it would be so hard. I even asked a friend of mine to give me a topic!! her response was, Whats the point in blogging?

So here it goes....

I used to wonder why people put personal stuff about themselves on the web. What if the wrong person were to find it and read it? But what is the likelihood of that ever happening? I mean, how big is the web? And unless I hand that wrong person the address of this website and reveal my identity on this site, how are they ever going to find it? So why bother? Well, that was the dilemma...but not anymore, everything said on this site is ALWAYS a true and honest expression of how I feel or felt at that time and there is no point in living in fear of what others think. (But I will admit sometimes I say things that I just know, peps are gonna have a problem with!)

I guess secretly I want the wrong people to find the site, because like I've said before some people cant handle the truth face to face. I love hearing about someone that I care about taking the time to actually try find this site and that they care enough about me to sit and read it. And then there are total strangers who stumble across it and take the time to comment.

I know I’m different ( I perfer the term individual..lol), I always have been I mean I can pass for normal or boring when I want to, but it takes effort...lol. What’s nice is when I post something and someone will say something like “I can relate to what you’re saying because I feel the same way", especially during our hiatus... big thanks to all da peps that left voice and text message(s) * notice I said messages...lets just say some of you are crazy...lol* asking us to come back...lol. Sometimes it’s just nice to see the number of visitors to our site even if no one says anything. But you know I enjoy the messages more!!

So maybe I’m doing this so I don’t let life get too crazy for me. And maybe I’m doing this just to get stuff out of my head. There will also be days when there’s no reason to spill words out on the screen except that writing is what I do and what I feel like doing at that moment, what I actually enjoy. I just write, like I was having a conversation with a total stranger on a long bus trip...not that I talk to strangers, I learnt that lesson in primary school lol!!
I am a humble person with some amazing things to say...lol and I guess the whole point of a blog for me is that I can just say it!

- SistaLova

3 comments:

the AfroDivas said...

aww... that was beautiful SistaLova... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! a post straight from the heart... a pleasure to read.

- Gabrielle

the AfroDivas said...

thanx girl!!...u kno i try!!

- SistaLova

Sangindiva said...

Well hello DIVAS!!

This my first time to you spot.
I, TOO, love it when people stop by to
read my page and/or comment :)
I thought it was just me who is addicted to the counter to see just how many people have made a visit to my page...
even if it was a silent visit :)
Thank you so much for doing both-
reading and commenting.
I love London. Have been there a few times-
Played at the jazz cafe in Camden twice
(with George Duke) and think it's lovely
but too damn expensive!! :)
Can't wait to see more posts from you guys!