Thursday, March 20, 2008

West LDN 10 X Ladies' No1 Detective Agency...


Did anyone watch West Ldn 10??
The new "urban drama" is a part of BBC Three's pilot season. It's based on the "Society Within" by Courttia Newland and developed by director Menhaj Huda and writer Noel Clarke the team behind the film Kidulthood. The show stars a few familiar faces such as Ashley Walters (he'll always be Asher D to me), Duane Henry (Dubplate Drama)and Ashley Madekwe (Drop Dead Gorgeous).
I'm still deciding on my feelings about the show, I always think that it's never done quite right. Overall I think it's great that more programmes feature black talented actors, but maybe we should work on script writers creating lines that don't always end in "oi blud!"...Im just saying.
And is it me or does Duane Henry not look as cute as his Dubplate Drama days?? Anyway if your a fan of the episode and want it to continue you need to contact the BBC via their feedback site. I have to say I saw a sneek peek of what could happen if it's turned into a full series and it looks really interesting.


I'm really looking forward to watching "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" featuring Jill Scott...yay! Miss Jilly from Philly will be playing lead character Precious Ramotswe. It was directed by the great Anthony Minghella, who recently passed away earlier this week. The 90 minute drama is based on the novel of the same name written by Alexander McCall Smith. I remember reading it a couple of years ago and I urge you to go and cop the book for yourselves. I wonder how true it will stay to the book..but I know its gonna be hot simply because of the great casting. Did I mention the sexiness that is Idris Elba will be in it?!!
Hmmm....lol *I think I'm gonna make it my personal mission to mention Mr Elba in every post, even if it's not necessary lool.
It was also announced on Monday that another 13 episodes will be made...fab!

- SistaLova

No comments: