Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"....Maybe Not

Hey people!!...have you ever gone through a break up and needed music that completely expressed your situation and feelings?...
Well a friend of mine did and to help him feel better we both created a list for the top break up songs ever made. You can download a few of the tracks...just click on the title.

"How I Feel",Brandy -Aphrodisiac
Is he or she not as attentive as they used to be. They stopped returning phone calls, stopped spending that quality time that’s necessary for a relationship to work. Well seems like you may be headed for a break up.

“You Used To Be So Attentive
Call Me At Least Twice A Day
But Now I Have No Support, No Incentive
To Keep Me Lovin You This Way”


"Emotional Rollercoaster" , Vivian Green
Its up its down, basically you never really know where you are with that special one. But you do know that your not happy...Vivica Knows too.

"Yesterday I told myself I was gonna be ok.
Gonna start a new day be truely happy
I was gonna take control of me
but eventually reality hit me
mentally, physically, emotionally
and I opened my eyes and realised
That I was still be taken for constant ride"


"Pleasure and Pain", 112 -112
Is your loved one different? Are there more bad times than good ones?...

“Why do you make me feel this way
Feeling betrayed, feeling pushed away
Why do you make me feel so bad
Feeling so hurt, feeling so sad
What have I done to make you turn
I'm feeling so lost, I'm feeling so burned
If you really cared you'd make a change
So I could feel the pleasure and not the pain”


"Busted", Isley Brothers - Body Kiss
Its like an episode of that dodgy US show "Cheaters" and you've been caught with your pants down...lol. Or you know that they're lying because nothing they say makes any sense.

"Now earlier (hmmm) you said dancing (uhhh)
But when I just asked (hmmm) you said shopping (uhhh)
Tell me which one you were doing
(Oh baby I must be confused)
Yeah right you real confused"


"Seperated", Usher
It’s just not working out no matter what you do. You’ve come to the understanding that you’ll never get it together and you realise that you’re better off apart.

“ Why don't you go your way
And I'll go mine
Live your life
And I'll live mine
Baby you'll do well
And I'll be fine
Cuz we're better off...separated”


"Love’s a Game" , Marques Houston - MH
Is love a game that you just can’t seem to win.

“loves a game
I played and lost
should have learned my lesson yesterday
when yesterday was far away
and loves a game
I payed the cost
should have learned my lesson yesterday
but yesterday was so so far away”


"Stay or Leave" , Dave Matthews Band
It’s over. . .you don’t want it to be. . .but it is. That special Person is leaving and you know that you shouldn’t stop them because your time together has finally ended. This song speaks to a “good” breakup (if there is such a thing) Here’s a little insight. . .

“Stay or leave
I want you not to go
But you should
It was good,
as good goes
Stay or leave
I want you not to go
But you did”


"Through With You", Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
Have you lost the trust in your relationship? Do you not believe the sweet words of love your he /she says? Are you just TIRED of having to deal with it?

“Cause saying I love you
Has nothing to do with meaning it
And I don't trust you
Cause every time you're here
Your intentions are unclear
I spend every hour
waiting for a phone call
That I know will never come
I used to think you were the one
Now I'm sick of thinking anything at all”


"Try It On My Own", Whitney Houston
Are you tired of depending on the same dead-end relationship? Has that relationship made you into someone you’re not? Are you ready to move forward and not look back.

“It's over now
I can't go back to living through your eyes
Too many lies
And if you don’t know by now
I can’t go back to being someone else
not anymore
I never had the chance to do things my way
So now it's time for me to take control”


"Can’t Make You Love Me", This song has several artists that sing it . . .I prefer the Prince and Will Downing version. . .but if you’re into country music Bonnie Raitt also has a version
Have you tried everything? You’ve used all your resources yet you feel the person you love isn’t affected?

“I can't make you love me
if you don't
You can't make your heart feel
something it won't
Here in the dark
in these final hours
I will lay down my heart
And I'll feel the power
but you won't
No, you won't
Cause I can't make you love me"
if you don’t”


"I Wish I Wasn’t", Heather Headley
Ladies is he hanging out more and taking care of home less? Do you want to leave but you’re torn because you just love the man so much? Heather Headley has been there too...

”when you touch me my heart melts
And everything you did wrong I forget
So you play me and take advantage
Of the love that I feel for you
Why you wanna hurt me so bad
I believed in you that’ why I’m so mad
Now I’m drowning in disappointment,
and it’s hard for me to even look at you”


"If", Destiny’s Child
Are you fed up and refuse to take it anymore? Fed up with all the drama that’s been going on in your current relationship? Do you want to tell that person that they’re going to miss you when you’re gone.

“If you don’t know
Now you know you’re gonna miss (my love)
And I ain’t stressing bout a dog gone thing
Cuz I was true when I gave you (my love)
My love.
If you search you will never find another love like (my love)
You’re gonna miss me.
I ain’t got time while you sit around and play with my (my love)
My love.”


"Maybe Just Maybe", Lemar - Time To Grow
This break up might be a mistake...if you try you just might work it out. No, you made the right decision...right??

"Maybe this was meant to be
Maybe we should try and see
Maybe just maybe it's as far as we should go
Maybe it's a big mistake
Maybe we should walk away
Maybe just maybe we'll never know"


"Ain’t Gonna Beg You", Fantasia
Your always having to work the hardest to make it work...constantly being tested and having to prove yourself.

“Every time I need someone to be there when I had me one of them crazy days
(I aint gon beg you)
Everytime I want someone to treat me like they always said they were gonna treat me like
(I aint gon beg you)
cause I let you slide before
but I see you aint gon learn
since you like to play with fire
then I'ma let us burn
boy you (aint nothin)
gon miss (my lovin)
the last time was the last time
so I'm through with you”


"I Miss You", Boys II Men
You refuse to believe that your love can just end and you still think they're coming back...

"Is it turning over this time
Have we really changed our minds about each other's love
All the feelings that we used to share
I refuse to believe
That you don't care"


"Someone", JS
STILL in a dead end relationship. . . but you’re seeing someone else who treats you like a queen or a king?

“Now baby, you used to introduce me
To the finer thangs
The passion that we shared was
Straight off the chain
Thought I would never feel that way again
Convinced myself I was to blame
(He) touches me like you used to do
(And he) loves me like you used to do
(Baby) he wants to replace you
And I gotta do what I gotta do
I'm sorry”


"I Hate U",, Prince - The Gold Experience
You have a love/hate relationship with the man or woman in your life. They do things to you but you constantly forgive. You love them dearly but you HATE the things they do.

“Did U do 2 your other men
The same things that U did 2 me?
Right now I hate U so much
I wanna make love
until U see
That it's killin' me baby
2 be without U
Cuz all I ever wanted 2 do
was 2 be with U
I hate U
because I love U
But I can't love U
because I hate U...”



"Liar Liar", Latocha Scott - Best Man Soundtrack
He said he’d always be true. . . but guess what he lied. Are you going crazy because your "man" cheated? Latocha Scott knows your pain. . .

"Listen to the sound of me breaking down, down, down
Can't you hear me losing my mind?
Everything that's everything is nothing
And I can't tell your truth from your lies
This is the sound of me breaking down, down, down
Over and over again in my head
You're a liar, a liar, a liar"



"Ex Factor", Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Sometimes it's just TOO hard to let it go. You find yourself in major conflict. . . heart saying one thing, mind saying another. We've all been there...

"It could all be so simple
But you'd rather make it hard
Loving you is like a battle
And we both end up with scars
Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity
No one loves you more than me
And no one ever will"


"Anything But Down", Sheryl Crow
You love them however your relationship is unhealthy, you never get a lift from being around him or her.

"You are a raging sea
I pull myself out everyday
I plea insanity
Cause I can't leave
but I can't stay
You say, won't you come find me
and yes is what I say
You don't bring me anything but down
You don't bring me anything but down
Everything is crashing to the ground"




More Break-up Songs

Almost Doesn’t Count- Brandy
Doin Just Fine- Boyz II Men
End of the Road- Boyz II Men
Give Me One Reason- Tracy Chapman
Hit The Road Jack- Ray Charles
I Can’t Sleep- R Kelly
Love Takes Time- Mariah Carey
Everybody Hurts- REM
When It’s Over- Sugar Ray
Me Myself and I- Beyonce
After The Love Has Gone- Earth Wind and Fire
Used To Be My Girl- Ojays
Aint No Sunshine- Bill Withers
Yester-me Yester-you Yesterday- Stevie Wonder
Charlene -Anthony Hamilton

This is only a few songs that we came up with, add any songs that you think should be included.

Enjoy!
P.S. Sound Files only stay up for 7 days
- SistaLova

No comments: