Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Looks sooo fine....err...nah!

Have you every looked back at people you had crushes on and thought
....what was i thinking? or ....what happened?
Because thats what happened to me yesterday when i bumped into this boy i had a BIG thing for. I remember when he was the cutest guy in my class...sort of like a young Will Smith (he had those cute ears too!) lol. But i guess time was not kind to him, let me give you a description...his face had aged considerably i almost didnt recognise him! his head was a sideways oval shape and his torso was half the size it should be, also sideways oval shaped. *sigh* I swear I nearly jumped back, and before you guys get all judgemental on me, never did I claim to be a beauty queen...but I'm HONEST people!

I also remember he was one of the smartest and most athletic people in my class, i always thought of him as being really sucessful one day. So while we were talking i asked him all the typical questions, what he was doing now? etc.. Basically he is now a father of two with the third on the way and he used to work at a corner shop, but was now in the process of choosing a new career path (unemployed).

Maybe he was never really that cute, i mean this was a crush back in primary school!! I have always been a fan of dark chocolate skinned bruthas and i went to a school that was 98.5% white. So the lack of chocolate made me find anything attractive, lol.

Its another story of a really smart black man who isnt reaching his full potential, a shame really 'cos he had the abitlity to do anything.
I guess it was naive of me to think everyone that i knew would be happy and successful.

- SistaLova

No comments: