Friday, June 23, 2006

Just thinking...

So I've had a lot of time to think, a lot of time to reminisce and look back on the way I've grown, mistakes I've made etc. Having recently just opened my eyes, no longer walking around with my eyes wide shut.

This growth, sudden sense of maturity came about whilst reading an urban novel. The actual novel didn't catch my eye or make me sit up and pay attention. Its lack of creativity and constant stereotypes is exactly what urged me to mature.
The book was filled with immature connotations of success and a limited view on what people in the 'ghetto' see as success. Drugs, guns, sex etc and yes its common but its not the be all and end all.
So anyway, this book did put across a few good points which did make me look deeper into my perception of things. Sit still for like 5-10 minutes and see where your mind takes you. I did that exercise and found myself thinking about friends, family, money and soulmates. In just those 10 minutes I was thinking about nearly everything under the sun.

FRIENDS - I actually only have a few. Gabrielle has only ever known numbers. The more friends, the better but out of those people not even half of them would have my back like I have theirs. Sad init, but its reality. How many of us are stuck in dead end friendships?

FAMILY - Outside of my immediate family, I don't have any. I have like 3 cousins that I see regularly but other aunts, uncles and cousins are disregarded. My dad was one child out of 8, and yet I haven't seen my cousins since I was 12 (nearly 8 yrs ago). People move on, so have I.

MONEY - As you know money is the root of all evil, but without it, what can you achieve? I mean the reason why we're going through the education system is to make sure we live comfortably in the future. How would that be possible without money? Obviously I know that God can make anything happen but all these things I'm mentioning are things I thought about in 10 mins.

SOULMATES - Constantly reminded that it doesn't matter how long a couple are together, if you're not meant to be together... you won't

Just thinking...

- Gabrielle

No comments: