Thursday, June 15, 2006

So Have You Ever??

Have you ever been in love?
I mean............. LOVE, love?
Not no little year 7 crush, hidin' your face so
SHE
dont see you blush type of love.
I'm talkin' bout LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE
the type to knock you out cold in broad daylight
the type that sometimes makes you want to FIGHT
cause the bite can get too bitter
making you litter your thoughts with crap you NEVER EVER would have
bought if it was being sold.
bold love, leaving you naked, wishing your mind can FAKE IT
cause in the end you know your little old heart won't be able to TAKE IT
type of love....
Well,
This girl...this woman....chick, whateva you wanna call her
Anyway,
this......woman, this...stupid girl had me.
I mean,
this girl...I loved her like I love music,
loved her like I love breathin',
like I love breakfast.
Like breakfast, man!! Fucking eatin'!!!
and, as sure as my heart was beatin'.......it felt, right.
I'd close my eyes and still see bright lights,
No lie. When thinking of us, I'd picture grandkids.
yes....Grandkids!!
In my mind, we were like twin trains on the same track, heading towards
each other at tremendous speed, destined for collison.
I envisioned a crash.
A crash with a blast intense enough to split the fuckin' sun in half.
Sparks would fly, and we would lie in the aftermath,
her I and she me, we'd...........damn. We'd be.........happy.

But,
the tracks.....somehow they didn't connect
Maybe my wiring was faulty,
But, I gave my all, you can't fault me,
if not me.......... then where should fault be???

Then I thought,
Love probably played a trick
Wanted to see what good old BruthaDiva would do when things got thick.
And....honestly, I PANICKED
My thoughts, my actions, MANIC.
I didnt know what to do,
and at night, her shadow GREW. Taunting me with mirages, massauges,
and the PAIN.......actually I don't really wanna talk about the pain.

This stupid chick, though.
I....I really, honestly still think that we could....
Actually, it's not even could, it's kind of more like should....
This love shit, man, it's funny.
Its like a fuckin' disease, one that stays forever...without a cure


Am I bitter? Yes and No.
I mean, I still love her flow
but......I don't know where to go from here.
It aint like breakfast no more, but with time it could be,
and again, it...it really seems like it almost SHOULD be.

Damn.......Love is love, for real. It aint nothing else.
I'm a ask ya'll again, and be real this time........

Have you ever been in love?

- BruthaDiva

No comments: