Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Summer

Notice how I haven't written one single post since June. HA! That is what 'supposed' LOVE does to you. Can you imagine!! ME... GABRIELLE...IN LOVE!! See, I thought I was in love, I thought I had all the symptoms, but there are no classic symptoms and the sooner I get that into my head, the better off I'll be.

I'm a sucker for being 'in love'... I love the idea of being 'IN LOVE' and I know I'm not alone. Many ladies across the world are fooled into thinkingthat they’ll live a BROWN SUGAR story or miraculously bump into their love interest whilst shopping, working etc. The truth is you might not find HIM like that; the truth is I walk around aimlessly looking for him and it needs to stop.

A brief relationship in summer, I was happy, he made me happy but I couldn’t tell my mum about him. And yes, you may sigh, but I’m at an age where I don’t have to hide anything from my parents, the fact that I couldn’t at least hint to my mum that I was even ‘liking’ someone meant something was wrong. To cut a long story short, it didn’t last! It hurt a lot at first but later on I realised that it was for the best. Ever since that failed relationship I’ve been intent on finding a permanent replacement. Yes I said it! PERMANENT! I’m tired of getting to know someone, getting to know their habits, likes/dislikes, interests, I’m talking like I’ve been in loads of relationships but really and truly it’s just a long process so forget that!

Starting from my birthday outing I was on the lookout! I turned 21!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! Good times, lots of laughs, I was looking for him - NO LUCK! KMT! What is it with LONDON nowadays – I MEAN! NOTHING WHAT SO EVER! So never one to dwell in such defeat, I decided to go to Nigerian Independence… hence I am Nigerian, and what’s better than settling with a fellow countryman… KMT…. Only he wasn’t there either. And it wasn’t so much that he wasn’t there, more that I didn’t even get a chance to cast eyes on him. The event got locked off. My people! My people!

Something happened that night that I will get into later but all hope was destroyed that night, all hope destroyed. I gave up a part of my soul… OK OK lets not exaggerate, but I was disappointed.

You guys know what kind of person I am though, yes my heart sank, yes I was disappointed but hey life goes on and so do I… he’s out there somewhere, I know it and when I find him you’ll be the first to know!!

- Gabrielle

No comments: