Monday, November 05, 2007

Sign "O" The Time

I'm not a big fan of "Big Brother" or reality-like tv shows, and I try my best to avoid them(however I did watch the last season...I blame "bag lady"!) Anyway...I did'nt realise that there was an African edition, until I was browsing online and came across a story that was quite shocking.

According to The Times, SA...
"Viewers of the incident, which took place on Saturday afternoon after an extended drinking bout which ended in copious vomiting and apparent blackout for Molokwu, remain adamant about what they saw: Bezuidenhout lay down next to the comatose young woman and penetrated her vagina with his fingers. He carried on despite the pleas of another female housemate for him to stop. Under the law in South Africa - where, on average, a woman is sexually assaulted every 40 seconds - such an act constitutes rape. Bezuidenhout, who is married, finally desisted and went off to sit by himself while drunkenly sniffing his fingers."

The camera's were still rolling while all of this took place and only when the housemate Bezuidenhout had finished did the creators of the show stop the live feed and call in the paramedics in, then....broadcasting resumed. Huh? wtf? What kind of sick people are running this show? I do realise that this info is from a random article, so figuring out what parts are fact and fiction is anyones guess. Even with the controversy surrounding this incident, Bezuidenhout is still in the house and is favourite to win.

I'm not sure about you guys, but how is it possible that this man could be left in the house and still a favourite?!

- SistaLova

No comments: