Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Get Gone... Call Tyrone!!

Already laughing at the title... yeah I said it... 'call Tyrone'.

An old friend called me the other day and unlike the desired reaction he expected, I was not pleased. The surprise call was not received well at all... not just because we haven't spoken since September last year but because our friendship crumbled due to his continuous 'spittage' of lies... lol... (*side eye* - 'spittage'... I'm going to add that to my lingo dictionary). There are many things I can't stand in this world, many things , but being lied to sits right at the top, just above being taken advantage of and following closely behind - when people talk to me with an air of superiority... none of those instances are cute.

My old friend lied to me in a way that I lost trust in people full stop... what happened to plain old telling the truth. Where did we go wrong? As soon as I found out what he had done, I deleted his number, deleted him on Facebook - basically destroyed any reminder I may have of his existence. It sounds harsh but really it's not, the feeling I had can be compared to a 'Maury' moment, when your best friend/sister tells you they have slept with your boyfriend... the feeling of finding out that the child you have raised up as your own might not be yours... that feeling of betrayal and hurt... that hurts and the delete action of my old friend just fits his crime.

So... I refer to him as an old friend but if I'm honest, at one point (periodic insanity) I thought he was 'the one'. HA HA!! I'm laughing now but... hmmm... anyway you can understand why I felt so passionate about his deceitful ways. Having now deleted my Facebook (it was too much of a distraction) and focused on getting a life, I stumbled once again on the treasure pot that is YouTUBE. Simply amazing!! Searched all my favourite artists and came across the queen that is Erykah Badu... she told it like it is and still does... (a little dedication to Lauryn Hill... I love you mama... please come back). I watched 'Call Tyrone' and thought I actually handled my 'old friend' situation quite well... so without further ado... I present my little throwback... ERYKAH BADU - CALL TYRONE

P.S. If you incessantly call/text me, Facebook me, ask my friends about me with no reply... you have been deleted!! It's very easy to comprehend... you are no longer an asset to have around that is why you are no longer a part of my life. No animosity though. I wish you all the best in your future... I hope you can find someone to tolerate your pathological lying ways... but even that would be a curse to that poor innocent person. DEUCES UP!!




- Gabrielle

No comments: