Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's Been A While!

Hi readers!!

Its been quite a long hiatus since my last post and due to the 'talk' that I had with SistaLova, I realised it was in my best interest to at least update you on the 'funny' that is my life!!

Firstly, I want to acknowledge the readers of AfroDivas, its been a long run... December 2005, that is when we started and I know some of you still come on the site to check if there have been any posts... this will be rectified. A post every week... well from Gabrielle... SistaLova... (I'm giving you the *side eye* right now)... we owe a regular post to our faithful readers!!

Sooooooooooo the 'funny' that is my life and events around me:

I've decided that weird people, weird events...anything weird must be attracted to me, I just can't catch a break. Like, why is it always me?

Having moved back home from university, I have to say I became quite a bit naive... (the uni atmosphere can do that to you)... I forgot that in all the years before moving to university I used to get approached by 'uncles', men past their sell by dates, men who don't want to grow up, men who still insist that they have still got 'it'... on my way home from an outing the shenanigans had started again. I insist on keeping my iPod with me at all times incase of situations like this and have advised all my friends that in actual fact this does work, I was proved wrong the other day. Honestly, these 'uncles' are getting smarter!!

So, I'm walking home...listening to my iPod as you do... the volume is high but I can still hear things going on around me... so I hear someone shouting... or not even shouting but this continuous irritating noise so obviously I'm going to turn around... argghhh, why was it this 'uncle'? To be honest, I had noticed the way he was staring at me before but I brushed it off... I've fallen victim to giving them the 'benefit of the doubt'... so I turned around and there he was... smiling... smiling soooooo hard I could see all his teeth right to the back of his mouth, my heart sunk!

He was talking and I just stared at him... I had to think fast, pulling my earphones out would have been the worst move. I guess he figured that I couldn't hear him and started gesturing for me to take my earphones out... (argghh... what do I do?)... I don't know how I started thinking so quick on my feet but I refused to take them out. Now if you knew me before I would've taken them out and then thought *shite* afterwards but that didn't happen... he must've figured that I would be a challenge and decided to try and take my earphones out himself.

OH HEELLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!! Am I awake? This uncle did not try and violate my space... I did some matrix move faster than you can say 'matrix move' and that's when I walked off. I didn't even care if he was following me... by that point he had pissed me off. I think back to it now and I'm like 'why didn't I walk off in the first place'... 'why didnt I just tell him to leave me alone'... I just think sometimes I'm too nice for my own good... I hate offending people, but some people bring it on themselves. Just like the woman who lives opposite me... this woman had everyone believing she was disabled... got people in the neighbourhood running errands for her, going over to the house to check if she's alrite, just looking after her... the way a community should. I thought I damn near lost my mind when I saw this woman coming out of her house, pushing her own wheelchair... hmm *looks around the room*... is she not supposed to be in the wheelchair? I think her landlord clocked on 'cos I haven't seen her in the area for a while... but I mean... COME ON!! Is this where our generation is headed... fraudsters, paedophiles etc... what happened to life as I knew it? Lol... To be honest though... can you imagine life without these little events... very boring don't you think?!

Imma be back... I'm loving blogger life again!!

Gabrielle

No comments: