Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chirpsin d man dem

I'm looking to start approaching guys.. .on a serious note. Because i know as soon as I said 'I'm looking to start approaching guys', a few of you were already laughing. I'm just tired of seeing a nice guy walk past me (having made the necessary eye contact with him) and there still be no result. I'm tired! Gabrielle's looking to change the world around and I'm gonna start by influencing others. I can't wait around for opportunity to knock on my door. No, i'm gonna drag opportunity to my door by her hair. Trust!!

Now I've been considering how this new approach could work....'cos to tell you the truth...some of you guys are lacking.. seriously!! All I have to say to you is 'hi' or walk past you and smile...and you guys just get too excited. Too too excited.

Typical conversation. Let me set the scene: -

Ray and Jerome are walking down the road, catching joke as usual...just being the regular guys that they are. Now, imagine me, Gabrielle, a self-proclaimed diva, (looking diva-esque if I say so myself) walking past them. Oh, you know their heads are going to turn! So, anyway back to the scene.

They watch me HARD, and i mean HARD, as if to say I'm wearing their boxers or something. So instead of being rude, 'stush' (if you prefer) like some other girls are, I decide to smile. BIG MISTAKE!!

Ray: Rah Jerome....do you know that girl?

Jerome: Nah! I dont u know.......why??

Ray: I think she's on you bruv.....she's bang on your ends lyk!! Did you not see the way she smiled at you. Nah bruv...that girl's serious. She was OVA watching you. Gotta rate you bruv...you still got the girls going wild.

You see what I'm saying. And there's me just trying to be polite...now if I did like that guy I would make it blatantly obvious...dont get it twisted, a smile can mean anything. It could mean 'hey, im just being friendly', it could mean 'rah i think i should just smile at you to make you feel better about yourself....cos i'd be bugged if I looked like you'.

A smile can mean anything.....but a straight up conversation where a girl's telling you that she likes you....now that's what I'm talking about. But see the suspense lies there, could I be saying that I like you...as a platonic kind of 'like' or could i be saying 'i like you....i want to take things further.'

I guess it all depends on what kind of person you are......

Lemme know what YOU think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting still...im feeling the whole concept but u have to add a bit of mysteriousness to it cos approaching random guys that cant handle 'no strings attached' flirting can be dangerous as you mite be labbled a loose girl...u see it but yea if i was a girl i will probably be on the same things, some guys aint just got game.

Anonymous said...

Gabrielle, im loving it, Should of said more, it reminds me of so many situations that ive been, guys are TOO eager and they get 'TOO TOO EXCITED' with such minor things!

Anonymous said...

haha...trust u to start "chirpsin d man dem" but on the real....i gotta agree wid u on dis one. U cant smile without it being seen as something else!

the AfroDivas said...

nah peeps. dont get it twisted...this post is not meant 2 give me a 'loose' persona, i was just basically commenting about approaching guys, because now it seems things have changed and guys arent approaching girls as they used to. still, lemme no wot u think.

- Gabrielle