Tuesday, January 17, 2006

People make me laugh!!

Imagine! Insult upon injury! The latest craze HI 5. So like everybody else I know, I’m hooked. Well, its died down since I left university but you can imagine just how hooked I was on the site. People make me laugh….some ugly, some cute…some shouldn’t even be displaying their pictures at all. One instance I was on the computer in the early hours of the morning and you know that’s the time when your eyes start to slowly close. Despite signs of my body shutting down I continued to look at people’s profiles and I clicked onto this certain person’s picture, and let’s just say I stayed awake for the whole night, for fear of ever having to see that picture again. As soon as I saw that picture, my fingers started fumbling around on the keyboard, praying intensely to get out of that page. WOW!! I prayed for a good 20 minutes asking God to bless me with children that I could look at everyday with both eyes open. You know those ‘you’re so ugly’ jokes….well I don’t think they would be suited to the person that I saw, it should be changed to ‘why, oh why did your mum even bother’. And the sad thing about it is that I can guarantee you that the person was probably quite attractive when they were younger, but the ‘wonders’ of the world got to them. Bare bleach and make-up does not equal beauty ladies!! That’s all I can say about that.

But that’s not even why I’m writing about this, so anyway, I’m looking at new messages that I may have, and I have quite a few, so I’m smiling (smiling because HI 5 has reunited me with many old friends) and I see messages from a few guys that I just cant seem to remember. I automatically read the messages as you do, and I know why I couldn’t remember any of the guys. I couldn’t remember them because they’re all looking to get a green card. Can you imagine? Insult upon injury. And do they all go to the same school of chat up lines, SERIOUSLY? It baffles me, message after message,

‘Hey baby, how u doing? U know I saw ur pic and jus had 2 msg u, cos ur soooo fine. Baby I wanna marry u, I wanna make u mine. U think it wud be possible 4 us to meet up sumtime, I wud really like to get to know u’

Now just imagine the accent. Right! So I’ll stop there before I start to write things that I don’t really mean. The drive behind some people just truly amazes me. Enough said.

- Gabrielle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL....dis post has made my day, ova funny & so true to!!