Monday, January 09, 2006

This is MY TIME!!

A day in the life of this afro diva. Hi! My name’s Gabrielle, a self proclaimed diva! Yes, you saw it right, I said diva. Urgh... here we go, another feminist!! And what’s wrong with me calling myself that (calling myself a diva I mean). It’s about time I think. I’m fed up of being the nice girl….so similar to the other divas in this log…. I’m outspoken, I’ll say what’s on my mind, exactly when it’s on my mind. And don’t assume that I’m just bitter….because really I’m not. No really. I’m not bitter neither am I shallow but let me give you a little background on ME.

Life really started with me being quite naive….trusted everybody, loved everybody, tried to please everybody and lived my life for everybody…..that doesn’t sound right, does it? Well…. that’s because it wasn’t, and that’s how I lived my life. You can only imagine the emotions I felt inside….I felt like I was being fake and I felt like people around me were liking someone else and not really liking me. So, as soon as I finished secondary school, the mask came off. I became the realest Gabrielle anyone could ever know. Now, I tell you how it is whether you like it or not. Simple! So if you have a dilemma, or a little situation, don’t let your worries get the best of you…no, no, no. Just let me know your dilemma and I’m sure I’ll make you see sense.

So as I continue to talk about my life….you should get to know me and my short comings, I am in no way perfect. I’m not bitter as I said before…but be warned….there are times when I cant control what comes out of this mouth. My apologies in advance.

So…….. i know its a bit late but i just thought you guys needed a little taster into what i spend my time thinking about......and this is how i was feeling during Christmas. It was the 19th December….five whole days before Christmas, and boi did i have a lot to say!!! Enjoy!

Its Christmas!! And who gives two hoots. Not me. No, for real! I couldn’t care less if it was Easter, Valentines Day, or whatever other holiday there is. Here we go……I hear you say. But not really, see this is how I see Christmas….year after year of the same routine….the number of presents you receive starts to decrease, half the time you’re asleep on that day anyway….and it just starts to get boring. Well, that might just apply to me…..it just seems so overrated…I mean whose birthday are we celebrating….yeah exactly…some people don’t even know. So I just see it as an excuse for a holiday for some people, a time when the world can rest and we have an excuse not to work, I mean those who don’t even believe in Jesus participate. Lol. I can be so cold sometimes.

So today I watched KING KONG…. Yes I know, I know. I had so many stereotypes about that film….I mean KING KONG….a film about a giant ape. Oh great! How much fun!!! But I was pressured into going….so I took my younger brother along to watch this film and lets just say…..I have not watched a film showcase love in that way. Can you imagine loving someone….loving someone so much that you wouldn’t think twice about dying for them. Well that’s what this ape did for a woman; it did this for a woman that it couldn’t even communicate with. I just saw so much love in that film….and when I left so many things were brimming in my head. Yes King Kong is fiction, I know, but I haven’t seen love displayed like that before…and I thought how beautiful it would be if a guy displayed that sort of love for his girl. But some of you are thinking…some guys do show their girls bare love. Ok. I know that…..but why does it take an arm, a leg and a threat to damage a guy’s manhood, for a girl to find out exactly how much a guy cares for her. That’s not right, is it? No. Not at all. And the next few days are going to detail my quest into why guys don’t let a girl know how they feel….well before its too late anyway. So I suggest you keep that in mind….guys if you have an answer to that, leave me a comment…addressed to Gabrielle. Same goes for the ladies reading this….if you know the answer to that question leave me a comment too.

Let's see how both sexes feel about each other's display of affection.

Gabrielle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you treat them like a b****, then they wanna stay, if you treat them like a queen then they wanna leave"
Chico Debarge

I think that explains it all. I've been with a few girls I really liked and showed it too them, but I didnt stick out (they were used to peeps showing them this... I was boring...) but then I've been with LOADS I didnt treat good and they were OVER ON IT!!! you see it? You might ask maybe the girls i liked didnt like me...but actually i remember two of the ones i really liked and showed... and they werent showing me... when i started treating them like anything... that's when they were on it...

if you wanna keep your woman... dont be predictable and make sure you are wearing the trousers... if it's steak you wanna eat...THAT IS WHAT SHE IS GOING TO EAT AS WELL!

girls carry on like they want a sweet and carry guy... get this straight...THEY DONT!!! They want a tough guy who they like to imagine has a soft and tender heart that they "hope" they can capture and tame...

Also if guys dont like easy girls... y on earth would you think girls like easy guys... who text them 10times a day telling them how beautiful they are.... well, it's all fun during the first few times for them... but after that it gets predictable... then boring... the annoying then REALLY ANNOYING...!

Guys dont let it get to that point!!!

Anyone wanna challenge me on that?

Anonymous said...

nope

Anonymous said...

i like wat you said..but the reason y it takes an arm and a leg is because the last few times he was nice an respectfull to a girl she took advantage an messed him up...so he shows her care but only reveals a certain amuont bout his feelin cause he's not sure if she will hurt him again or protect his heart... the thruth is girls believe guys are heartless but its not tru..we only go on like dat to protect our self...guys are taught not to show emotion to be strong..so most of the time they are harsh..they do that to test the girl they like to see if she loves/likes him (for his bad pionts as well as good) or is jus infatuated,,(an will be gone in 60 seconds like most chicks). guys find it hard to open up an will open up wen they feel safe and secure in the fact that the chick really cares bout him..so its her responsibility to make her man feel secure..not through sex but by knowin him an wat he,s about,,, an if you payed attention to KING KONG..(IT WASNT THE FALL FROM THE TALL BUILDING, THAT KILLED THE BEAST ...IT WAS HER..BEUATY..LOVE...) KONG WAS A POWERFULL CREATURE WHO COULD EASILY ENDURE BULLETS AND ALL SORTS BUT IT WAS THE PAIN OF LOVIN THE LADY BUT KNOWIN DAT IT COULD NEVA BE...KONG SAVED HER OVER AN OVER AGAIN AND ALWAYS DID HIS ALL FOR HER..BUT SHE DID NOT REALISE IT TILL IT WAS TOO LATE,AN NOT ONLY DAT BUT WEN KONG DIED SHE CRIED FOR HIM AND MOVED ON QUICKLY..IF SHE HAD LOVED THE MONKEY FOR REAL..THE STORY WOULD HAVE ENDED LIKE ROMEO AN JULIET... UNTILL YOU LEARN WAT LOVE MEANS THEN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WILL CONSIST OF ONE PERSON LOVIN AN OPENIN UP AND THE OTHER PARTY WILL LIKE AN STAY CLOSED.... TO THE BROTHERS ,DONT BE AFRAID TO LOVE,JUST BE CAREFULL..CAUSE CHICKS CAN F~~K U UP... i knoow wat i am talkin about..