Saturday, February 18, 2006

Dont hate me, If ur girl wants me!!

In-se-cure (adjective) 1. Not secure or safe; 2. Not assured of safety; liable to suffer loss or harm
In-se-cu-ri-ty (noun) 1. The condition of being unsafe; liability to injury, loss or failure; uncertainty; instability

(I have wanted to talk about this particular subject for a very long time, but never really had a reason to bring it up until this morning. Since opportunity finally presented itself, I'm going to knock down there door. I want to talk about men, who are insecure in their relationships.)

A few weeks ago I got a call from a friend of mine that I haven't seen in over a year. She was calling to tell me that she was coming back down to London and was hoping we could get together for dinner one night while she was here. I told her that that was cool. For whatever reason, we never did hook up. What was even more strange, she didn't even call me to tell me what had happened. That was until this morning. She left me a V.msg and apologized for not meeting me. She said that her boyfriend ended up coming down too and he didn't want her to see me. She also went on to say that her boyfriend thought that we were too close and he didn't feel comfortable with our friendship. He isn't the first man that has unnecessarily felt uncomfortable with the relationship that I have with their girlfriend.

Unfortunately, none of these guy have anything to worry about. In most cases, I was there before they got into the picture and should be seen as a non-factor. For those cases where I met a woman who was already in a relationship, I would respect the guy and the relationship . . . at least as long as the woman did!

The way I see it, if you feel threatened by a third party, then maybe you need to check yourself. If you think for one second that the woman you're with is looking at someone else, then maybe, just maybe, you should see if there's something you aren't giving her... before you think the worst.

Have you ever been in a situation where you, or the person you were with, felt threatened by a third party? If so, how did you handle it? Were you ever in a situation in which you were forced to cut a friend out of your life for the sake of a relationship? If you've ever dated someone who was insecure, was it possible to reassure them that there was nothing to worry about, or did their insecurity ruin your relationship?

- BruthaDiva

No comments: