Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Fabulous Life of Mama Drama

Yes! Welcome to the world of Mama Drama! You’re probably thinking ‘why does she call herself Mama Drama?’ Well ask anyone who knows me what one word can be used to describe me in a nutshell, they will most probably say drama…and I cannot even deny it one bit. My life (love life) is so dramatic, im telling you…if they made my love life into a motion picture I could win a few Oscars!

Ok to cut the long story short…over the last couple of months I have been on a quest to find myself the perfect man. But either they are good looking and crazy or they’re ugly and…well that’s it. So a couple of weeks ago I decided that I’d had enough of looking and I was gonna let my perfect man find me. Yeah right!!

So here was this guy Duane, who I used to talk to a couple of years ago but due to unforeseen circumstances we lost contact with each other. Fortunately, thanks to a helpful source, we found each other again. To tell you the truth I was so happy because in my heart I was thinking that it was too much of a coincidence that after all these years we would meet again. I really thought he was one of those guys who you talk to for a couple of weeks but after a few years you drift apart and you never see again. So just imagine how I felt when this guy wants to talk to me again. But was I in for a ride!!!

Ok so here I was talking to Duane who said all the right things to me and he was just the kind of guy that I’ve been dreaming about. He called me quite often, he texted me to see how I was and to let me know that he was thinking of me. He was so special!! But I suppose he got too excited. Now don’t get me wrong I no that when you meet someone new you want to make an effort but DAAAAMMMNN!!! How much of an effort do want to make.

Ok let me break it to you. We started to talk on a Tuesday and by the Thursday we were in a relationship (my mistake). He was calling me every 1-2 hours to see how I was. Take note…I tried to emphasise to him that I had 3 assignments to hand in and I needed space to do my work but no he continued to ring me… it got to the point where I had to turn off my phone for a couple of days. I was getting so stressed out. Then he wanted to come and see me…at first I was like ok but I really had a lot of work to do so I told him that it wouldn’t be ideal for me. A normal guy would be like “ok I’ll come and see you when you’re less busy, coz I want you to concentrate on your work.” In Duane’s world he says to me “ aww babes don’t worry when I come down I won’t bother you I’ll just bring the work I have to do…I can even help you with your work.” Take note im doing a degree in medicine and he’s doing a degree in music. So somebody please tell me what these two subjects have in common!!? Now he started to do the whole guilt trip thing. So he says to me “babes I just wanna see you, but I understand that you have so much work to do and I don’t want you to fail, I only want the best for you, you know I love you.”

Hold up a sec!! How can he say he loves me? We weren’t even together for a week, we haven’t even seen each other face to face . So how could he possibly love me?? He was infatuated not in love. Why do so many people get these feelings mixed up?

Mama Drama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it really annoys me wen my friends say that they 'love' this boy and that boy. but no matter how i try to make them see that it is NOT love but only infatuation they don't seem to listen until the relationship is over.
the saying 'i love you' is so badly overused...

the AfroDivas said...

u dnt beat around da bush do ya!!...2 days talkin to a guy and ur in a relationship!...lol
But its true da words "I love you" r used so much peps dnt kno da true meaning anymore. People misunderstand the use of loving and caring someone...but den again mayb im being too negative,Duane might of meant what he said...u neva kno..lol

Great debut Mama Drama!
-BruthaDiva